Ultra-luxury cruise line Silversea Cruises has unveiled an exciting new offer that will allow guests to experience Peru’s Machu Picchu in ultimate comfort for less.
Travellers will save $500 on four-night land experiences, which have been carefully curated by the cruise line’s destination experts to extend two Silver Moon voyages departing in 2020.
Deeply moving and mysterious, the Inca citadel of Machu Picchu is one of South America’s most spectacular UNESCO World Heritage Sites. Declared one of the New Seven Wonders of the World, the mist-shrouded ancient ruins, which sprawl across a 7,000-foot-tall mountaintop of lush vegetation, offer travelers an enriching adventure into Peru’s cultured history.
Machu Picchu Savings Offer
For new bookings made before November 30, 2019, guests traveling on Silver Moon‘s November 23 or December 8, 2020, voyages can enjoy a $500 per-person savings on the Machu Picchu Explorer land program. With the savings offer, the price for the fully inclusive land experience is $1,699 per person, based on double occupancy.
The Land Experience: Machu Picchu Explorer
This four-night land program is available as a pre- or post-cruise extension on select Silver Moon voyages. From Lima, Silversea’s guests will take a scheduled flight to the historic city of Cusco, nestled high up in the Andes. From here, guests will enjoy two days of discovery in the Sacred Valley, from which you will travel by train to Machu Picchu. Highlights include:
• Marvel at stunning landscapes and learn about the traditional culture of the Sacred Valley on a motorcoach tour to the rustic village of Chinchero. Once a major agricultural hub of the Inca Empire, today it is renowned for its colorful woven textiles.
• On your second day in the Sacred Valley, witness massive Inca ruins surrounding the picturesque town of Ollantaytambo, where you’ll enjoy lunch at a local restaurant, followed by a Peruvian Paso horse show.
• Embark on a scenic rail journey of about two hours to Machu Picchu, aboard PeruRail’s Vistadome train. Relax as the train passes through the spectacular scenery of the Urubamba Valley. The trip ends at the Aguas Calientes station at the foot of Machu Picchu.
• Discover the famous lost city of the Incas with the insights and local perspective of an expert guide, before strolling through the wonders of this ancient citadel on your own. Feel its pulse while visualizing the lives of the priests, craftsmen, and servants who lived in this incredible site.
• Unlock the colonial charm and indigenous culture of Cusco on a motorcoach tour that includes a visit to Coricancha, or Temple of the Sun—a showpiece of the city’s Inca and colonial history.
• Accommodation at deluxe hotels
• Economy class flights: Lima-Cusco-Lima
• Daily breakfast, plus three lunches and three dinners
• PeruRail Vistadome journey to and from Machu Picchu
• Guided tour of Machu Picchu
• Transfers between airport and hotels in air-conditioned vehicles
The Machu Picchu Explorer program is available on the following 15-day Silver Moon voyages:
• Departing November 23, 2020 – Fort Lauderdale to Lima (Callao)
Featuring a transit of the Panama Canal, this remarkable voyage calls in Willemstad, Curaçao; Oranjestad, Aruba; Cartagena, Colombia; the San Blas Islands; Panama City on an overnight call (Fuerte Amador), Panama; Manta, Ecuador; and Salaverry and Lima (Callao), Peru.
Early Booking Bonus fares start from $7,290 per person.
• Departing December 8, 2020 – Lima (Callao) to Fort Lauderdale:
Featuring a transit of the Panama Canal, the voyage offers guests an overnight call in Lima (Callao), before calling in Salaverry, Peru; Manta, Ecuador; Panama City on an overnight call (Fuerte Amador); Puerto Limón, Costa Rica; Roatan Island, Honduras; Santo Tomás, Guatemala; Belize City, Belize; and Cozumel, Mexico.
Early Booking Bonus fares start from $6,480 per person.
Guests who book by November 30, 2019, may take advantage of an exclusive South America Air Offer to enjoy free economy roundtrip air, or reduced business class air, for flights from select U.S. and Canadian gateways, plus free transfers between airport and ship.