Royal Caribbean International has announced that its complete lineup of ships will be sailing by spring 2022.
Spanning cruises from the Big Apple to the Down Under, the next group of returning ships and itineraries will begin to safely set sail in September with Oasis of the Seas’ first sailing from the New York area – a 7-night itinerary to the cruise line’s private island destination, Perfect Day at CocoCay, The Bahamas. The cruise line’s continued comeback builds on its months-long success in delivering memorable and safe cruise vacations across Alaska, Asia, The Bahamas, the Caribbean and Europe, and each ship now returning will cruise with the health measures that have safeguarded the well-being of guests, crew and destination communities to date.
“We are excited and appreciative to be able to say with confidence when all of our ships will return, especially for travelers looking ahead to plan their getaways. More than 110,000 guests have cruised with us since December, and they’ve done so safely while enjoying the memorable vacations they trust we’ll bring to life,” said Michael Bayley, president and CEO, Royal Caribbean International.
“It’s been incredible to see families come together again on board our ships sailing in the U.S., the Caribbean, Europe and Asia. And to know we’ll soon welcome more in a safe manner when our entire fleet is back by spring 2022 is wonderful.”
Vacationers and their families can again seek out adventure in Royal Caribbean’s diverse range of ships and itineraries that offer a variety of lengths and destinations around the world. The plans for the return of all 26 ships add to previously announced Royal Caribbean milestones coming later this year, including the cruise line’s return to California and the start of the first full winter season from Barbados.
Headlining what’s in store is Oasis at the tail end of the summer. The ship that revolutionized cruising will sail from the New York area on Sept. 5, becoming the first of the game-changing Oasis Class to do so when it embarks on 7-night itineraries to destinations in The Bahamas like Perfect Day at CocoCay. Soon after, on Nov. 19, Navigator of the Seas will arrive in Los Angeles to set sail with West Coast vacationers on short 3-, 4- and 5-night getaways to Catalina Island, California, and Mexico.
Setting the stage for a bold 2022, December will bring Royal Caribbean’s long-awaited return to two popular destinations on opposite sides of the world. Ovation of the Seas will head back to Australia on Dec. 13 to sail domestic cruises from Sydney, and Grandeur of the Seas will cruise from Bridgetown, Barbados on 7- and 14-night sailings to bucket-list-worthy islands as soon as Dec. 5.
Upcoming 2021-2022 Adventures
- Oasis of the Seas – 7-night Bahamas cruises from Cape Liberty, New Jersey, starting Sept. 5; and 7-night Eastern and Western Caribbean itineraries from Miami, beginning November
- Liberty of the Seas – 7-night Western Caribbean cruises from Galveston, Texas, starting Oct. 3
- Serenade of the Seas* – 4- and 5-night Western Caribbean cruises from Tampa, Florida, starting Oct. 16; and 7-night Caribbean itineraries, beginning December
- Explorer of the Seas* – 7-night Southern Caribbean sailings from San Juan, Puerto Rico, starting Nov. 7
- Navigator of the Seas – 3-, 4- and 5-night Catalina Island, California, and Ensenada and Cabo San Lucas, Mexico cruises from Los Angeles, beginning Nov. 19
- Grandeur of the Seas – 7- and 14-night Southern Caribbean sailings from Bridgetown, Barbados, starting Dec. 5
- Ovation of the Seas – 2- to 10-night domestic itineraries in Australia from Sydney, beginning Dec. 13
- Brilliance of the Seas – 4- and 5-night Bahamas and Western Caribbean cruises from Tampa, starting Dec. 16
- Enchantment of the Seas – 8-night Bahamas sailings, and select 12-night cruises to the Southern Caribbean from Baltimore, starting Dec. 23
- Vision of the Seas – 10- and 11-night Southern Caribbean itineraries from Fort Lauderdale, Florida, beginning Jan. 24, 2022
- Voyager of the Seas – 7- and 9-night cruises in Northern Europe from Barcelona, Spain, starting April 15, 2022
- Radiance of the Seas – 7-night Alaska sailings from Vancouver, Canada, beginning April 29, 2022
- Rhapsody of the Seas – 7-night Mediterranean and Greek Isles itineraries, sailing from Rome starting May 23, 2022